2.02.2014

Beyond Broccoli

Consistency is something I pride myself on.  After all, consistency is one of the keys to success, or so I've heard. However, most recently I learned a lesson in consistency that was not in my favor.
That is, if I consistently don't take care of myself and overload my schedule, I will successfully set myself up for failure in at least one facet of my life. Succeed I did.
There is success in failure, so long as you heed the lesson.

What I want to talk to you about is one of my favorite obsessions. FOOD.
Because so many people ask, I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorites.

BREAKFAST
1/2 to 1 C plain greek yogurt
1/2 to 1 C fruit (cherries)
1 T nut butter (almond)
chia seeds
cinnamon
local honey or maple syrup

LUNCH
4 egg whites...usually 1 yoke, 2 if I'm feeling adventurous.  Truthfully, yokes GROSS me out, but I know they are good for me, so I try
1 big handful organic power greens (cooked with eggs)
1 C cooked brown rice
Salsa, any kind
Base salt & pepper

SNACK
Pears w/ lavender honey goat cheese

I don't eat the same thing every day, but I do eat a LOT of greek yogurt and eggs.
What are some of your favorites?  






1 comment:

  1. Fage Full Fat Yogurt! Eggs! Bacon! Almonds, Walnuts! Kale! String Cheese, Parm Cheese, Mozz Cheese! Steak, Jerky, Chicken (all of it natural)! Honey Crisp Apples! Almond Butter! Bonk Breaker

    ReplyDelete