3.17.2010

Celebrate the IRISH!

In honor of St Patrick's Day, we did the St. Patrick's Day 10k (of course).  
The run was going great, until, while running thru the park, a bird decided to go potty on me.  Luckily (thanks to the irish), it only landed on my hand - gross!!!  Unbelievably, that's the first time I've had a bird go on me, not sure I would run in the park if it had ever happened before - but since it was a race I'll give the bird the benefit of the doubt - I mean, it never would have done it had it not been for all the excitement of the race...right!?  Another first - stomach cramps!  It started as an innocent (so I thought) side ache and by the end of the run, I was practically doubled over in pain - yowsa!  Despite these minor set-backs I managed to pull off a win - whew.  I think that deserves a toast...of the green variety that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment