4.28.2013

Pre-Wild Flower

As I sit at my computer trying to pin down everything going through my mind as I prepare for Wild Flower - I realized that I was trying to figure out a way to write about my joy and excitement in a way that wouldn't come across as boastful or arrogant...or...the list goes on.
That, AND, how I can't breathe!!!  Ugh!  Between allergies, the wind and changing air pressure, I feel like I'm suffocating half the time.
WAIT a sec, WHY am I trying to come across as anything other than what I am?  Why am I AFRAID for people to know how truly excited I am?  What good can possibly come of holding my emotions hostage?!?!

So, if you don't mind, I'm going to share exactly what is going through my mind and heart.
Without so much as a blink of an eye, I have been living back in Wenatchee for 5 months.  On top of moving, let's just say I have been through a lot - both good and bad.  (translation =  emotional roller coaster)
It absolutely helps that I'm still reeling from a few successes in racing this past month!  It's still fun to think back on the Duathlon and beating all the guys...by 2 minutes :)
Doing all this work, I was starting to think that maybe I just couldn't change my mental game, but like with any training, all that hard work is starting to pay off!!!  ***dancing in my chair***

Physically I feel pretty great too!!  I know where I'm at with my training, which is to say I have a ways to go, but am so happy to be where I am right now and to know how much improvement I've made from a year ago.
I know Wild Flower is a tough course with some pretty fierce competition, but I'm bringin' my A game, and can hardly wait to meet up with some of my new teammates!!
For once I have confidence to embrace my fears, instead of trying to pretend I don't have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment