10.04.2012

FACING FEAR

Even though it would appear that I face fear all the time, in reality I train so I have confidence in what I do and not have to face fear on a regular basis. This has prepared me to be able to set goals and come up with a plan to work towards them. Life, on the other hand, does not always allow for planning time. On a daily basis, we are faced with course changing decisions, whether we are aware of them or not.


Some of the choices are not difficult, but sometimes they stop us dead in our tracks. Sometimes something stops us mid-way as if to say, "are you sure?"

Recently I was faced with an "are you sure?" moment. And I'm not going to lie to you, it was hard. So hard it took me days (6 days to be exact), to be ready to move forward. I went back and forth, analyzing every angle and direction, I even made a spread sheet. Needless to say, I didn't really need to do all that, because what my heart was saying wouldn't change. It didn't change. Sometimes no matter how much analysis you throw at an equation, the right solution may not follow any logic at all.  That doesn't make it any less right.

And as I sat and looked at all my daily inspirations, I was confident in my decision and empowered that I had, in fact, faced my fears.
Photo by sbbarkley

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that quote. I'm going to put it on my bathroom mirror. I like your comment that you train so you have courage in other parts of your life. I think you are right! And it gives me another reason to head out the door.

    ReplyDelete