11.08.2012

Salty Air

There is undoubtedly something magical about breathing in salty air. Breathing in the air, surrounded by sand and ocean waves nourishes my soul.

Running has a similar affect on me, so you can imagine how I feel when I get to run along a beach!!
While in San Diego a couple weeks ago, I did just that. As much as possible.
Since I was exhausted going into the trip, I managed to restrain myself from going over board with the beach running. Barely.
We were able to have a little down time, hanging out with one of Ryan's long-time friends, a little shopping, a little eating, a little running, a little ocean swim...

The main reason for the trip was the USA Triathlon Level 1 Coaching Certification Clinic, also a remarkable experience in it's own right. The roster of presenters was second to none, complete with one of my all-time favorite people in the whole world, Bobby McGee. Bobby has been a huge help in putting together my mental "game". Though it was mere weeks prior to IM 70.3 Worlds, I felt like I had made massive improvements and was armed with a "bullet proof" mental race strategy. Unfortunately that plan was over shadowed by a small (by small, I mean BIG) mechanical mis-hap. The presenters were rounded out with Shelly O'Brien and Bob Seebohar, which are equally impressive.
After 2 days straight, I was a bit overwhelmed with everything I had learned. Overwhelmed and exhilarated. All I wanted to do was learn more. It was 2 days of full triathlon immersion, and I'm addicted.

...if only I could figure out how to transplant to the beach full-time...

Until then, I need to at least figure out how to visit more often!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment