1.01.2012

2012 - THE YEAR OF "YES"


As I think about the possibilities that lie ahead in 2012, I can't help but get excited!  I've made the commitment to myself to be my dreams.  Last year I struggled to keep my feet under me, let alone make forward progress.  It gave me the perfect opportunity to give up on my dreams, knowing full well this coming year could prove to be even more challenging.  I looked in the mirror yesterday, directly into my own eyes, and said "BRING IT"!!  I'm not ready to give up on my dreams and certainly not ready to give up on myself.  Last year brought to life one of my favorite quotes: 
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do.  All your life they will say you are not good enough, strong enough or talented enough.  They'll say you're the wrong height or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this.  They will tell you NO, a thousand times NO.  Until all the NOs become meaningless.  All your life they will tell you NO, quite firmly and very quickly.  They will tell you NO and you will tell them YES!"  
There have been far too many times that I've held myself back - afraid of failure, afraid of success, afraid of being too shiny.  And it's exhausting!  I'm tired of telling myself NO, I don't have the energy for it anymore.  
This year, don't be your own enemy, tell yourself YES! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment