1.01.2012

Year in review 2011

There are a lot of things that happened in 2011, at least in my world. Here are a few of the defining moments:
Ran with the elite women at Bloomsday.
Upgraded my cycling category by winning Frozen Flatlands road race and the Tour of Walla Walla. Completed my first 1/2 ironwoman...with the bonus of an extra long bike leg.
Installed 3 shade sails in the backyard.
Raced in China...where I had my first flat tire in a race.
Walked a section of The Great Wall.
Ran into one of my dearest high school friends in the Forbidden City.
Learned so much about how wonderful it is to be American!
Spent a week training with 9 amazing women and Cliff English in Arizona, all in honor of Sally Meyerhof.
Won my first cyclocross race (and second) and was forced to upgrade to race with the crazy fast and talented elite women (and men).
My brother Heith and his wife Doricela welcomed baby Noah Glen Eric Barkley to the family.
I also welcomed an I-Pad to my family this Christmas :)
Oh, and I welcomed my new cross bike the family as well!
More than doubled my yards in the pool!  I look forward to this paying off?
Countless cherished memories with family and friends!


All in all, 2011 was a wonderful year!



No comments:

Post a Comment